Allie, Becky, and Jenni have gone through the gut-wrenching experience of trying to manage the physical and cognitive deterioration of their parents. How do you partner from a distance with reluctant parents? Do you intervene? How do you intervene? How much do you intervene? What’s best for them? How do we maintain our boundaries as we help parents we love so much and make us so crazy?
- Blood, sweat, tears shared by two.
- Helping one end and another begin.
- A disaster that ultimately gives back.
- Hearts clubbed by diamonds in spades.
- We learned, we cried, we continued.
Denise Brown of caregiving.com asked caregivers for their 6-word story about caregiving. Brilliant!
Welcome to Men Caregivers, Part 2, the Panel. Part 1 was interviews with the panel, Ben Carter, Patrick Egan, Jolyon Hallows, and yours truly. All at the National Caregiving Conference in Chicago in November 2018.
Here are some of our 6-word stories:
- We did it because we could
- Pillows, pills, poop, piss, and pain
- 20 years a caregiver. I adapted.
- Key word isn’t ‘men’, it’s ‘caregiving’
- Personal care? It depends? Mother, wife?
- Managing the Dis Ease of Disease