How Leading Health Systems Put Patients and Families at the Forefront of Design
Resource Type: Research Study
Research study by the Experience Innovation Network, part of Vocera,
examining how hospitals and health systems engage patients and families
as partners in designing and developing the future of caring.
• Engage patient-family partners across the spectrum from strategy to operations.
• Let patient-family partners influence both the what and the how of transformation.
• Prepare both patient-family partners and team members for effective collaboration.
• Create intentional strategies to include under-represented partners.
• Value patient-family partnership appropriately.
A comprehensive view of the range of patient and family engagement in the governance, design, operations, and learning of health systems. First, they listened. Liz Boehm and Evan LaBranche communicate their findings well.